Revenue & Billing Manager
Irvine, CA 92602 US
This manager will oversee the employees in the Billing Department to ensure accurate and timely billing of the Company’s customers, in accordance with the customer contracts and proper revenue recognition. Collaborate closely with sales, legal, tax, IT and Operations on billing processes. Manage quarterly and annual audits and ensure SOX compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Manage billing team of seven members, including a Billing Supervisor.
- Hire, train, mentor, and review billing staff members.
- Manage the process of preparing accurate and timely customer invoicing for multiple entities, including Canada operations.
- Responsible for reviewing customer contracts and ensuring customer billings are done in accordance with the contract for fuel purchases, services, part sales, construction, and other miscellaneous transactions.
- Responsible for ensuring revenue recognized in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage complex billing scenarios including tiered pricing, rebates, shortfalls, and discounts.
- Work closely with Sales, Operations, Tax Department, Legal and Credit & Collections/AR to ensure alignment of billing with overall business objectives.
- Manage the investigation and resolution of billing discrepancies and errors.
- Responsible for revenue and volume accruals for the monthly close process.
- Responsible for monthly account reconciliation process for Balance Sheet accounts associated with revenue/billing.
- Responsible for monthly review of revenue and volume trends by fuel types, customer, and site locations.
- Responsible for supporting all internal and external audits as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating SOX documentation for billing/revenue related processes.
- Develop and implement record keeping systems, forms, policies, and procedures related to billing, contract review and revenue accruals.
- Identify and resolve problems and inconsistencies and suggests appropriate corrective procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate billing policies, practices, and procedures with other departments and company managers and officials, vendors, reporting agencies, clients, and customers.
- Complete special projects as directed by Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervise a team of employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Three to four years direct-line management experience.
- Six to eight years Billing experience.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft D365 a plus.
- Experience with SQL and BI tools a plus.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Chloe Bachner, CPA
Chloe is a former Big 4 CPA with a Bachelor's and Master's of Accountancy degrees from the University of San Diego. Chloe was born and raised right here in in Orange County. Prior to joining Alliance Resource Group, she was an Experienced Hire Recruiter for a large regional Public Accounting firm in Irvine.
As a huge animal advocate, Chloe volunteers her time to rescue dog organizations. She lives by the mantra "Adopt, Don't Shop" and encourages everyone to do the same.
A perfect day for Chloe would find her, her husband Stephen and their dog Kona taking a walk at the beach during the day, followed by a home cooked meal paired with some nice wine.