SEC and Technical Accounting Consultant
2244 Walnut Grove Avenue 100 Rosemead, CA 91770
SEC and Technical Accounting Consultant - 6 month+ Project
We are looking for an strong SEC/Technical Accounting Subject Matter Expert to assist one of our very best clients located in the San Gabriel Valley. This position will assist with all quarterly and year end reporting, assist with several technical projects and will supervise the current departmental staff.
The company has a wonderful culture with a very dynamic leadership staff. They treat their consultants like employees (as do we) and create a wonderful environment for consultants to come in, be treated like family and make an impact.
If the desire exists, the right candidate has the opportunity for this position to go permanent.
- Supervise the monthly and quarterly earnings process, provides guidance, leadership, and drafting expertise to the SEC reporting team, and leads the evaluation and implementation of new accounting guidance.
- Explains accounting concepts and complex transactions to a variety of financial and non-financial audiences at all levels including executive management, external auditors, and staff.
- Responsible for developing accounting staff and supporting the development of knowledge across the department.
Responsibilities to include:
- Draft and review SEC financial statements and disclosures, develop new disclosures
- Prepare and review monthly earnings package including comparative analysis and EPS calculations; work with Investor Relations on a quarterly basis to support public disclosures
- Prepare and review the cash flow statement
- Provide technical accounting expertise, position papers, and research to define appropriate accounting treatment
- Critically analyze agreements and transactions to ensure they meet intended business objectives
- Interpret and apply internal policies, SOX guidance, US GAAP and other regulations
- BS/BA in accounting, economics, business or related discipline
- CPA required (active or inactive)
- 5 or more years in public accounting/Big 4 managing audits of public companies; or 10 years work experience including management experience in an accounting role
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications
- Experience with technical accounting topics including but not limited to revenue recognition, lease accounting, derivatives, pensions, variable interest entities, consolidation, and impairment
- Expertise with SOX and internal controls
- Experience working on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines