Senior Accountant, CPA
Lake Forest, CA 92630
The Senior Account is responsible for accounting and reporting functions of this healthcare services organization. This position reports to the Director of Accounting. This employee ensures that the accounting work is performed in a timely and efficient manner; financial reporting is accurate and complete using consistent methodologies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and state specific Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP), as applicable; required filings are made accurately and within prescribed deadlines; and other management reporting is complete and delivered on time.
- Monthly financial close for the Corporate entity and eastern subsidiaries
- Preparation of financial statements and footnotes
- Financial analysis and trend identification
- Budget/Forecast to Actual results variance analysis
- Account Reconciliations
- Regulatory financial reporting (DOI if required)
- Accounting Department liaison with other departments
- System implementations, including but not limited to general ledger implementation improvements
- General Ledger report design and maintenance
- Monthly Allocations
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum Experience:
- Three (3) years of progressive accounting experience related to the areas described above in General Responsibilities.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- CPA license required (active or inactive status)