Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
El Segundo, CA 90245
Our client is a growing financial service firm and the Accounting team is looking for a strong CPA out of Big 4 or a National CPA firm. This is a newly created role due to growth!
- Oversee completeness and accuracy of all financial reporting, journal entries and account reconciliations for the month end close
- In connection with month closing, ensure accuracy of foreign currency adjustments, elimination entries, and expense allocations as appropriate.
- Actively contribute to the development and research of accounting policies to ensure accurate financial reporting in the areas of revenue recognition, capital asset valuation and expenses.
- Actively participate in year-end audits and quarterly reviews, including preparation of audit support schedules and related requests.
- Develop new processes and procedures to streamline the current monthly close process.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-4 years’ experience in public accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting ( consolidations)
- Experience with acquisition integrations a plus
- Budget/forecasting and variance analysis experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle)