Senior Accountant - Retail Industry
15 Cushing Irvine, CA 92618
We have partnered with a middle market, hyper growth, privately held, consumer products company in their search for talented senior financial analyst/retail accountant.
This is a brand new position due to growth and it reports directly to the CFO - a phenomenal leader and mentor. The company has experienced double digit organic growth rates over the last several year along with executing several successful acquisitions to add to their portfolio of products. Company both operates and sells all over the world and is quickly becoming a global force within the consumer products industry.
The company has a great culture and a vibrant, creative environment where talented people can excel and take their career to the next level.
The Retail Senior Accountant will support the company' s retail and ecommerce business directly by providing the day-to-day accounting functions along with operational and strategic financial planning and analysis.
Specifics will include:
- Build annual Budget and 3-Year plans for retail and ecommerce business
- Develop CAPEX budgeting model for 3 year plan, providing regular updates on spend
- Develop balance sheet and cash flow forecasting models
- Develop models to improve the efficiency and accuracy of expense forecasting
- Build monthly financial statements for retail, eCommerce website and create fluctuation analysis explaining all significant variances
- Maintain OPEX budget which supports accurate collection of spend
- Reconcile inventory movements on a regular basis
- Compile and update monthly sales and expense reporting
- Compile monthly/quarterly budget vs actual reports
Experience & Requirements
- BS Degree with emphasis in Accounting and/or Finance
- 3-5 years accounting / FP&A with retail, eCommerce & P&L background
- Background in retail preferred
- Results Oriented
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity
- Strong relationship-building
- Highly effective communicator
- Knowledge of retail POS systems
- Knowledge of NetSuite
- Strong knowledge of the MS Suite with a focus in Excel, including pivot tables, macros & formulas that will enable manipulations of large amounts of data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workload
- Strong follow-up skills and ability to work w/ remote supervision
- Creative problem-solving ability