Senior Accountant - SEC Reporting
Santa Ana, CA 92705
An opportunity has arisen within our financial reporting team in Orange County for a dynamic and driven finance professional to join as a Senior Accountant – SEC Reporting. This position will be responsible for various financial reporting activities as outlined below, including supporting analysis, research, monitoring and other accounting functions. He/she will need solid skills in problem solving, verbal and written communication, and working with others.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assisting our compliance with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting rules through the accurate and timely filing of required documents.
• Ensuring our compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX 404) by maintaining effective internal controls over our financial reporting.
• Interaction with and presentations to senior management.
Position Outcomes & Activities:
• Prepare and file accurate various SEC Forms (primarily 10-Ks, 10-Qs, and 8-Ks), audited financial statements and regulatory reporting by established deadlines.
• Updating financials and footnotes using ledger and SEC reporting tools (Legal cube, Essbase, Wdesk).
• Assist process owners with the design and documentation of schedules and templates supporting collection and reporting of SEC reporting disclosures.
• Prepare accurate supporting documentation for internal and external parties.
• Maintaining effective internal controls by complying with written policies and procedures.
• Assisting with researching, interpreting and implementing the appropriate disclosures for changes in business activities and authoritative guidance (GAAP and SEC Reporting Rules).
• Implementing disclosure modifications and enhancements as directed.
• Design and Documentation of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting: Ensure that the design of our internal control structure is effective by executing the process for maintaining up-to-date documentation of our internal control structure.
• Assist analysis and other projects, as needed.
• Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 2 years experience preparing or auditing financial statements and disclosures
• Experience researching accounting and reporting issues, including interpreting U.S. GAAP and SEC Reporting Rules
• Master’ s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Certified Public Accountant or equivalent (i.e. Chartered Accountant)
• Experience evaluating compliance with SOX 404
• Auditing experience from a large national or regional CPA firm
• SEC Reporting experience in either an audit role within a CPA firm or a corporate external reporting role
• Experience in the Financial Services industry