Senior Accountant Analyst
6455 Irvine Center Dr. Irvine, CA 92618
Alliance Resource Group is committed to delivering talented, qualified individuals for our clients’ specific needs. We have project and temporary professionals from interim CFOs to senior accountants – any financial services need. He are actively working with a large financial institution located in Irvine, Ca. that is seeking help from a Tax professional for an 18 month engagement. The Tax professional will be responsible for the following:
The Senior Tax Accountant must possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic evolving environment. You will work alongside the Tax Manager in managing consulting, compliance, and various tax projects. You will be the main contact for many tax matters and will be responsible for several ongoing projects which includes operational accounting projects, general consulting, as well as other advisory projects (e.g. M&A transactions).
- Problem-solving and proactive decision-making
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple customers’ needs concurrently
- Sound understanding of the Federal Tax Code and tax concepts for Partnerships, Corporations, and Individuals, along with the ability to communicate these to customers and other members of the team
- Adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results
- Highly self-motivated and versatile
- Ability to do research to support tax positions in various issues
- Understanding of financial accounting Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ability to analyze a company’ s books and records, as well as financial reporting
- Technology savvy, can-do attitude and approach
The Senior Tax Accountant is comfortable having responsibilities which will include but not limited to the following:
- Preparing customer Federal and State income tax returns, tax consulting projects, research projects, and assisting with other tax compliance issues
- Assessing customer’ s current practices and offering insight into changes to meet compliance requirements and/or reduce tax obligations
- Completing financial analysis of business operations, customer financial records, and providing support in order to determine book-to-tax changes required for tax purposes
- Driving tax compliance process from beginning-to-end, including verifying customer information, work paper preparation and review
- Managing customer expectations to meet deadlines and prioritize tax work
- Looking for RIC (regulated investment company) tax experience is a hug plus!
- Must have corporate tax experience. partnerships, S corps etc.
- Working on tax for mutual funds
- Will do some Tax provision work.