Senior Accountant Analyst
irvine, CA 92618
Senior Accountant Analyst
- Candidates must be efficient with month-end close.
- Ideally seeking CPA level candidates with SAP experience.
• Performs general and specific accounting procedures of varying degrees of complexity
o Processes GL transactions
o Reconciles GL accounts and source data, or sub ledger detail.
o Calculates company expenses and fees.
o Gathers and logically organizes financial data.
o Reviews accounting transactions, GL accounts, and reconciliations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
o Reviews monthly intercompany settlement process.
o Compares forecasted financial information to actual results, and analyzes and explains variances.
o Prepares the accounting for unique or complex transactions.
o Processes corrections identified during reviews, and may advise others on corrections as necessary.
o Leads completion of the monthly close process for assigned areas.
o Ensures timely and accurate completion of regular tasks performed by the team.
• Prepares and reviews management reports
o Analyzes company financials, considering intercompany relationships and business drivers, to identify risks and trends, for reporting to management.
o Oversees changes to accounting policies resulting from new or changing accounting standards and new business transactions or fees in coordination with Financial Reporting and Regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/ year-end close process
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Able to critically analyze situations and solve problems effectively
• Experience in analyzing complex financial reports and records
• General knowledge of mutual funds or experience in the investment management industry is preferred
• Requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in accounting, finance, or a related function.
• Requires a Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree
• CPA or MBA is preferred
• Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work comfortably with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, and experience with an enterprise accounting system (such as SAP).
• GAAP and SEC reporting experience is preferred but not required
• Strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• The individual will be expected to work up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product