75 Enterprise Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Overview of Responsibilities:
- An integral part of the monthly close process by preparing and uploading journal entries and reviewing GL accounts for accuracy.
- Prepare customer credit memo analyses for CoOp Advertising, Incentives, Markdowns, and Customer Returns.Develop a thorough understanding of the business climate by reviewing contracts and having ongoing discussions with the AR and Sales departments and be able to make recommendations regarding these significant accruals.
- Investigate and explain actual vs budgeted and prior year variances in the PL to build the knowledge base for communicating financial performance to Executive Management.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and year end consolidated reporting for the entire Company.Ensure final trended trial balances, PL’ s, and financials are prepared and accurate.
- Be willing to learn over time the financial consolidation to serve as the back-up to the Financial Reporting Controller.
- Prepare account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, such as the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Intercompany accounts during the month end financial close.
- Develop and implement tools to report on significant performance variances in the actual operating results. Assist with explanations of variances in customer credits, customer & brand sales, standard COGS, other COGS, and SG&A departmental spending for all entities.
- Provide business financial support to operations, sales, marketing, manufacturing, and distribution departments with data-driven analysis, projects, and value added business analyses to improve decision making.
- Assist with the year-end audit as required
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years with a consumer goods company.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Understanding of US GAAP and cost accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of a classified balance sheet and income statement.
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance with 3-5 years of progressive experience.
- Experienced with ERP systems, such as Oracle, SAP, or PeopleSoft
Excellent Benefits Package