2869 Mendoza Drive Costa Mesa, CA 92626
We are partnered with a large, stable services/insurance company seeking a high performing a Senior Accountant to manage all aspects of accounting including developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The senior accountant will possess strong excel skills, is hard working, has the ability to meet deadlines, and communicates with others in the department, including upper management.
- Prepare recurring journal entries for statutory reporting
- Assist in the month end close process by preparing reconciliations and booking entries.
- Provide assistance of audits, financial statements and various financial reports
- Recommends modifications to current accounting procedures to improve the quality of work
- Prepare and submit financial reports
- Implement and document improvements in the close process
- Degree in Accounting and/or Finance from a 4 year university (required)
- 4+ years’ experience with 2+ years in financial services/insurance experience is a big plus
- CPA is a big plus
- Technically proficient in GAAP
- Strong analytical and accounting skills