6415 Katella Avenue Cypress, California 90630
Finance whiz, we’ re looking for you! Bring your Accounting acumen and we’ ll provide you with the opportunity to apply and further enhance your knowledge in audits, internal controls, general ledger, and cross-functional analysis. This position will help drive operational efficiencies, cost reductions, process improvements, lean principles, and best-in-class reporting across the enterprise.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Prepares and reviews month-end journal entries and reconciliations for closing processes, ensuring transactions and reports are in accordance with GAAP and internal reporting policies.
- Verifies the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger and financial statements by investigating variances, identifying and resolving issues, and ensuring all transactions, including balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and journal entries, are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Analytical review of monthly financial statements that includes explaining budget to actual variances.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules and all other requirements for external auditors, including financial, tax, and workers compensation audits.
- Research complex accounting issues and implement procedures to ensure transactions are properly recorded under GAAP.
- Works with various departments within the company to identify opportunities and drive improved profitability through cost reductions, operational efficiencies, and return on assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of experience for a large/midsize public audit accounting firm
- CPA certification.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP.
- Industry experience in manufacturing or distribution.