17264 Euclid St Apt. H Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Responsible for the maintenance and completion of moderately complex accounting activities, including compiling, analyzing, posting, and reporting complex financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Compiles complex financial information from various electronic and hard copy sources.
- Independently performs analysis and prepares and/or reviews journal entries on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Performs weekly and monthly reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of all financial information.
- Analyzes and reports on accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Assists in the preparation and support of statutory and consolidated financial reporting.
- Collects year-end closing financial information, post all journal entries, and ensure accuracy of data for filing and audit purposes.
- Performs technical accounting research and work with business unit leaders to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Researches and addresses questions from Executives and Management.
- Provides explanations for any variance occurring through analyzing and researching reasons and causes for fluctuations.
- Prepares and distributes various financial reports and exhibits for Corporate Executives, Management, and Non-Management, including but not limited to expense analysis, expense detail, Profit & Loss (P&L) statements, production/commission reports, and site profitability.
- Identifies issues and provides recommendations for resolution to higher level accounting staff or management.
- Prepare and distribute complex financial reports for Executives and Sr. Management.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES
- May provide training and development to junior Accounting staff.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent relevant work related experience required.
- Two years of Accounting, Reporting, and Analysis/related work experience or equivalent combination of related training and experience required. Three years preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office. Microsoft Access and SAP experience a plus.
- Proficient financial analytical skills and ability to research and explain variances.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.