934 Ahuwale Street Honolulu, HI 96821
Our investment management client services multiple institutional investors in the US and this role will focus on consolidation and process improvements for all domestic divisions.
• Performs general and specific accounting procedures of varying degrees of complexity
o Calculates company expenses and fees.
o Reviews accounting transactions, GL accounts, and reconciliations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
o Reviews monthly intercompany settlement process.
o Compares forecasted financial information to actual results, and analyzes and explains variances.
o Prepares the accounting for unique or complex transactions.
o Processes corrections identified during reviews, and may advise others on corrections as necessary.
o Leads completion of the monthly close process for assigned areas.
o Ensures timely and accurate completion of regular tasks performed by the team.
• Prepares and reviews management reports
o Analyzes company financials, considering intercompany relationships and business drivers, to identify risks and trends, for reporting to management.
o Oversees changes to accounting policies resulting from new or changing accounting standards and new business transactions or fees in coordination with Financial Reporting and Regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/ year-end close process
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Able to critically analyze situations and solve problems effectively
• Experience in analyzing complex financial reports and records
• General knowledge of mutual funds or experience in the investment management industry is preferred
• Requires a minimum of 4 to 7 years of experience in accounting, finance, or a related function.
• Requires a Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree
• CPA or MBA is preferred
• Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work comfortably with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, and experience with an enterprise accounting system