PO BOX 5 2 1 4 IRVINE, CA 92656
Our client is seeking a high energy, outgoing and highly responsible individual to work with the Chief Financial Officer and Controller in performing and streamlining the finance, accounting and financial reporting functions at a growing technology hardware firm. The candidate must be proficient in performing day-to-day functions as well as supporting the management team in strategic decision-making.
- Performing the day-to-day full-scope accounting and finance functions in support of business operations. Activities include cash management, invoicing and receivables, payables, payroll, budgeting among others.
- Closing out the period-end accounting records in a timely fashion and in accordance with GAAP. This responsibility includes recommending and posting period-end adjustments.
- Monitoring financial results against internally and externally developed business metrics, such as sales and margin forecasts and bank covenants.
- Develop and publish reports providing business intelligence to the management team for use in the tactical and strategic decision-making process. Examples of reports include financial projections, product sales and margin reports, cash forecasts, aging of inventory, etc.
- Support the development and on-going monitoring of internal controls throughout the company.
- Preparing for and being a resource to assist management with any audits.
- Developing strong business relationships with the members of our team as well as our business partners (e.g., customers, suppliers, payroll and tax partners).
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- CPA or public accounting experience strongly desired
- Strong analytic problem solving and project management skills
- 5-7 years of post-graduate corporate accounting experience
- Highly proficient with Excel and accounting systems
- Some experience in assessing operational risks and supporting the development of effective controls