One Edwards Way Irvine, California 92614
Medical technology company in the Irvine area is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team on an interim basis. You will be responsible for analyzing data to support business decisions, manage financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting and oversee the daily accounting procedures to ensure compliance and regulations.
This is a well-known, established company in the area and a great way to expand upon your knowledge.
- Work on month-end close (GL, reconciliations, journal entries, etc.)
- Perform closing activities and reconcile related Balance Sheet accounts as required
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations and consolidation
- Assist with the application of GAAP to new transactions
- Assist in the representation of the Company in financial audits and reviews
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Prepare flux analysis for audit purposes.
- Reviews and recommends modifications to the accounting systems and procedures.
- Support SOX documentation and compliance requirements
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience required, preferably both in public and private organizations
- Experience with ERP accounting systems, preferably JD Edwards
- CPA preferred.