18111 Von Karman Avenue Irvine, CA 92612-7100
Our client is a growing, publicly traded tech company in Irvine.
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Readies and maintains financial and business transactions, applying accounting principles, that include work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
- Utilizes knowledge of the fundamental doctrines, theories, principles, and terminology of accountancy, and often entails some understanding of such related fields as business law, statistics, and general management.
- Analyzes the effects of transactions upon account relationships. Evaluates alternative means of treating transactions. Plans the manner in which account structures should be developed or modified.
- Ensures the adequacy of the accounting system as the basis for reporting to management. Considers the need for new or changed controls.
- Projects accounting data to show the effects of proposed plans on capital investments, income, cash position, and overall financial condition. Interprets the meaning of accounting records, reports, and statements. Advises operating officials on accounting matters. Excludes paraprofessional accountants. Recommends improvements, adaptations, or revisions in the accounting system and procedures.
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- 4 plus years of experience in accounting
- Bachelor' s Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Finance, Accounting or similar field
- Knowledge of finance, financial methods, tools and strategies employed by private and public corporations.
- Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Knowledge of the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining the books of the organization and preparing financial statements and reports.