12401 West Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles, California 90064
Our client is a large, domestic service organization that is seeking a strong Senior Accountant who can be successful in a fast-paced environment and analyze consolidated data from a detailed and high level. The candidate must be proficient in performing day-to-day functions as well as supporting the management team in strategic decision-making.
- Performing the day-to-day full-scope accounting and finance functions in support of business operations. Activities include cash management, G&A expenses and financial reporting
- Closing out the period-end accounting records in a timely fashion and in accordance with GAAP. This responsibility includes recommending and posting period-end adjustments.
- Monitoring financial results against internally and externally developed business metrics, such as sales and margin forecasts and bank covenants.
- Develop and publish reports providing business intelligence to the management team for use in the tactical and strategic decision-making process. Examples of reports include financial projections, product sales and margin reports, cash forecasts, aging of inventory, etc.
- Support the development and on-going monitoring of internal controls throughout the company.
- Preparing for and being a resource to assist management with any audits.
- Developing strong business relationships with the members of our team as well as our business partners (e.g., customers, suppliers, payroll and tax partners).
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Strong analytic problem solving and project management skills
- 2-5 years of post-graduate corporate accounting experience
- Highly proficient with Excel and accounting systems
- Some experience in assessing operational risks and supporting the development of effective controls