100 Bayview Circle Suite 400 Newport Beach, California 92660
Our focus is on transforming the customer and patient experience. Vital to our success are the Corporate Team Members who collaborate with clinical, operational, and sales teams in the field. We focus on delivering improved processes, innovative new services, and business solutions that differentiate and advance our comprehensive clinical services— always with our patients’ and customers’ needs in mind.
The Senior Accountant performs day-to-day financial accounting and reporting responsibilities related to the Company’ s various entities, including joint ventures. Works closely with Accounting Manager on projects and research as needed. Supports the Financial Reporting Manager on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to produce reporting for internal and external use. Contributes substantially to the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of the general ledger, financial statements and reports.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Accounting Manager to maintain governance of the general ledger. Monitors and reviews accounts for propriety and reasonableness, investigates questionable transactions, forms reasonable conclusions, makes recommendations and prepares correcting journal entries, as appropriate. Traces errors, researches and corrects account discrepancies.
- Assists the Financial Reporting Manager with the preparation of monthly internal reporting, preparing various supporting schedules and compiling reports for distribution to internal management, board of directors, and others as needed; including maintaining Management Reporting system.
- Researches and discusses complex accounting and reporting issues related to significant Company transactions and financial reporting processes, including newly formed joint ventures, site divestitures, self-insurance, accounts receivables and bad debt reserves. Assists with accounting due diligence related to new acquisitions. Prepares reconciliation of significant accrual balances. Performs technical research as needed.
- Interfaces and coordinates with various departments within the Company. Liaises with external parties including outside tax accountants and physicians/groups.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations; ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting or equivalent from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA preferred.
- 4 - 6 years of related experience and/or training.
- Financial Reporting experience.
- Large systems experience, Great Plains preferred.
- Strong, concise written and oral communication skills necessary; strong analytical skills;
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and work independently;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and third parties.