4695 MacArthur Court Suite 1400 Newport Beach, CA 92660
This unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing aviation investment firm will be supporting the finance function, reporting to the Accounting Manager. In addition, this position will support key initiatives for finance, marketing, legal and technical department heads providing involvement in all aspects of the business. This position provides significant opportunity for growth and the ability to learn all aspects of finance (accounting, treasury operations, fund raising, pricing and economic analysis) as well as the opportunity to learn from a seasoned management team.
- Primary preparation of quarter and year-end financial statements, including preparation and coordination of the financial close and budget versus actual variances.
- Assist with yearend audit including preparation of audit report.
- Assist with preparation of foreign entity financial statements and working with outside service providers.
- Assist in accounting research to ensure appropriate treatment of non-routine transactions.
- Assist in preparation of investor reporting and ad hoc investor support.
- Participate in coordination of tax compliance and quarterly/annual tax reporting.
- Participate in annual budget/forecast process along with cash flow projections and cash management process.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of experience in the Big 4 or combination of public/private experience
- Prefer CPA with a thorough understanding of current Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with consolidation of multiple entities
- Experience with Microsoft applications with a strong knowledge of Excel and the ability to design and improve existing spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Self-starter, confident, eager to learn