Orange, CA 92866
The Rehabilitation Institute of Sothern California, headquartered in Orange California, is a not-for-profit agency that has served the greater Orange County region since 1950. The Organization provides care to meet the multi-faceted needs of persons with functional disabilities caused by birth defects, medical conditions or accidents.
The Staff Accountant will be is responsible for general accounting operations, including the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and creating controls designed to accurately reflect the Organization' s reported financial results, and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and reconcile internal general ledger accounts and bank statements
- Assist in preparing monthly financial analysis reports for management.
- Prepare and adjust journal entries
- Post monthly and yearly accruals
- Prepare monthly financial reports and statements for management
- Assist management and finance in developing budgets and forecasts
- Assist in preparing month-end closing reports
- Check and assess all accounting records for accuracy
- Initiate and implement best practices, standards, and procedures in all accounting and audit functions and activities
- Develop and maintain strong partnership with support and agency management
- Bachelor’ s degree Business degree with a concentration in Accounting
- Proficiency with Excel and other accounting software systems
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience in accounting or related field
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Well-developed organization skills to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision.
- Strong track record in working independently and in a team setting, under pressure, and handling multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, obtain mutual agreement as to the resolution and implement change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Recommend innovative changes in the measurement of and the reporting of business results
A competitive salary is commeasurable with experience will be offered in addition to:
- Company 401K with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off