429 Avenida de la Estrella #101 San Clemente, CA 92672 US
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations/Project Management
CLIENT PROFILE & HISTORY Alliance Resource Group is partnered exclusively with an innovative, socially-conscious incubator of several lifestyle brands and charitable ventures focused on conservation and well-being.
Primarily known for their premium vehicle design company, our client also oversees for-profit operations within the luxury jewelry, real estate/travel, and fashion industries.
On the not-for-profit side, their organization allows donors to personalize their philanthropic efforts by donating to causes related to wildlife conservation and other critical social issues.
Through the constant development of new initiatives, business concepts, and ways to give back to local and far-away communities, our client melds its diverse for- and not-for-profit operations under one central organization.
POSSIBLE INTERVIEW CONTACTS
- Director of Operations/Project Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
Please note, this position is fully on-site in San Clemente, CA.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITES:
- Orchestrate the month/quarter/year-end close process, including posting journal entries, adjusting journal entries, accruals, and reclasses
- Prepare and review journal entries, schedules, filings, and various reports related to sales/purchases
- Demonstrate strong understanding of GAAP; serve as in-house contact on accounting issues while closely liaising with outsourced CPA/Tax firm
- Assist with researching, reconciling, and resolving balance sheet, income statement and/or statement of cash flow inconsistencies
- Assist with period end consolidations and financial statement preparation (i.e. income statements and/or balance sheets), including reviewing and interpreting financial reporting requirements in accordance with GAAP and internal policies
- Oversee fixed asset accounting, including additions, disposals, and monthly depreciations schedules; prepare related journal entries
- Create journal entries related to prepaids and related amortization
- Prepare payroll reconciliations, journal entries, and trend analyses
- Support outsourced CPA firm with direct and indirect tax filings; prepare workpapers and prepared-by-client materials as needed
- Review 1099s, sales and use tax filings, and other administrative tasks at year-end
- Review routine journal entries created by bookkeeper/accounting associate
- Support any external/internal audit inquiries
- Support annual budgeting process, including updating/analyzing 2-5 year plans
- Conduct variance analysis, compare budget to forecast, and prepare ad-hoc trend analyses
- Respond to requests for reports/analyses from management
- Create/maintain forecasting dashboards with PowerBI and Sharepoint
- Assist with ad-hoc operational tasks pertaining to sales, job costing, new product creation, investor/owner relations, internal controls, etc.
- 3-5+ years of accounting/financial management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with an accounting or finance emphasis
- Experience in both for-profit and not-for-profit accounting preferred
- Quickbooks experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Excel/Word, preferably on Mac OS
- Experience with analytical/visualization tools, including PowerBI, Tableau, SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of collaboration tools, including SharePoint, Slack, Monday.com, etc.