1625 Electric Avenue Venice, CA 90291
The Senior Accountant will be based at the company' s Los Angeles headquarters and report to the VP, Corporate Controller. The role’ s primary responsibility is to ensure proper accounting of the Company’ s highly complex accounts in the general ledger, financial reporting and technical research.
What you' ll do:
- Assist with the Company’ s monthly close and reporting process including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation of key, high risk accounts.
- Review journal entries and reconciliations of staff accountant(s)
- Lead and develop the accounting staff to help them reach their potential
- oversee complex balance sheet accounts including prepaids, equity and liabilities
- Assist in preparation of global financial reporting and flux analysis to budget
- Analyze and research accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached.
- Assist in developing and documenting key controls of revenue-related policies and procedure, such as order to cash cycle, accurate GAAP reporting and audit requirements in accordance to ASC 605 and ASC 606
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will be a successful Senior Accountant or Senior Auditor who wants to continue building their Accounting career. Key attributes are smart, passionate, creative and action oriented.
The successful candidate will have:
- Licensed CPA required ( or 4 parts passed with CPA application in process)
- A degree in accounting with minimum of 2 years of progressive public accounting experience (Big 4 highly preferred)
- Strong foundation in US GAAP
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and adapt to rapid change
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with a collaborative, team-based approach required
- Advanced Excel skills