Senior Accounting Lead
601 Valencia Avenue #100 Brea, CA 92823
The ideal candidate must possess attention to details, strong analytical skills, leadership ability who enjoys a challenging work environment and opportunity to exercise initiatives. Candidate must be self-motivated, and demonstrate an aptitude and skill to find solutions proactively.
- A strong contributor to new Lease Accounting Standard implementation
- A proven source of the reliable information for finance/commercial teams based on a proper grasp of business/operational issues
- Demonstrated ability to lead mid-sized process improvement project and manage from beginning to end
- Assist in preparation of accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with established schedule and input from the rest of the organization.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance with specific responsibility of commission agent payments and activity.
- Inter-company reconciliation, review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary.
- Responsible for payroll/benefits accounting process including: review of burden rates, working with HR department and support of yearly benefit plan audits.
- Assist in analyzing financial statements; identify business trends that are influencing financial performance and report trends to management and FP&A team.
- Participate in internal and external audits and internal control compliance.
- Identify and lead initiatives to improve accounting processes and conduct special projects as required.
- Prepare monthly tasks, such as balance sheet reconciliations and account roll-forwards.
- BS in Accounting preferred. BS in Finance with relevant experience is also acceptable
- Experience level of 5+ years in financial reporting and general accounting
- CPA/MBA is a huge plus
- Both public accounting and manufacturing organization experience are plus
- SAP experience preferred
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of people and interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have excellent time management skills, self-directed, and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Continuous improvement focus
- Able to handle multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills