Senior Accounting Manager, Consolidations
Los Angeles, CA 90003 US
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and will be a member of the senior finance/accounting team that sets policy for the entire organization. Compensation is competitive and includes base salary and bonus. This individual will report to the Corporate Controller and/or the Chief Accounting Officer.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the financial consolidation process, including the preparation and analysis of financial statements, ensuring compliance with GAAP and other relevant regulations.
- Responsible for the compilation of consolidated balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.
- Support the preparation of the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows, ensuring proper presentation by preparing detailed analyses of underlying data and technical accounting research.
- Review and manage the preparation of key close and reporting schedules on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Review reporting packages prepared by various divisions which include SEC reporting schedules and standard financial packages that includes balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows.
- Participate in the preparation of SEC filings that includes quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and annual reports on Form 10-K.
- Work with the General Ledger teams of various divisions to ensure monthly reporting is accurate and all relevant accounting standards are appropriately and consistently applied.
- Identify opportunities and lead cross functional projects aimed to streamline and automate financial reporting and processes.
- Assist with the financial integration and consolidation of new markets and newly acquired business and pro forma reporting.
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, with prior Big 4 public accounting firm experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in GAAP and SEC reporting requirements and experience researching technical accounting matters.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Bachelor in accounting required
- CPA license required
- Highly driven and self-motivated to work as required, with a hands-on approach to ensure the deliverables are produced on time with high quality
Meet Your Recruiter
Chloe Bachner, CPA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Chloe is a former Big 4 CPA with a Bachelor's and Master's of Accountancy degrees from the University of San Diego. Chloe was born and raised right here in in Orange County. Prior to joining Alliance Resource Group, she was an Experienced Hire Recruiter for a large regional Public Accounting firm in Irvine.
As a huge animal advocate, Chloe volunteers her time to rescue dog organizations. She lives by the mantra "Adopt, Don't Shop" and encourages everyone to do the same.
A perfect day for Chloe would find her, her husband Stephen and their dog Kona taking a walk at the beach during the day, followed by a home cooked meal paired with some nice wine.