Senior Acquisitions Analyst
1801 Century Park East Suite 1810 Los Angeles, CA 90067
The Associate / Senior Associate will assist in assessing multifamily real estate investments, including the acquisition and development of communities throughout Los Angeles. This role will be primarily responsible for underwriting and financially analyzing each opportunity, as well as performing property and market due diligence and playing an active role in all aspects of transaction execution. Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create detailed and complex financial underwriting models for the acquisition and development of senior housing real estate investments, including calculation of levered and unlevered IRR, accretion / dilution and joint venture waterfall returns
- Perform asset-level and market-level due diligence
- Develop thorough understanding of a deal’ s capital structure and business plan and key risks to performance through discussions with operating partners and market participants
- Understand physical characteristics of properties, and the related competitive advantages and disadvantages.
- Understand and critically evaluate the existing and potential operating characteristics of a project (revenue, expenses, capital expenditures, tenant credit, leases)
- Identify a project’ s demand drivers: gather market information through independent field work and direct contact with brokers, appraisers and developers; synthesize information and draw a conclusion on future market rent, absorption, vacancy, and liquidity in the target market
- Communicate conclusions into a comprehensive narrative to be presented to senior management for consideration and approval. Participate in underwriting and Investment Committee discussions
- Bachelor’ s degree required and minimum of three (3) years experience in investment banking, management consulting, or real estate investing a plus
- Self-motivated and driven with ability to work effectively in a fast moving and demanding environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word; VBA and Access a plus