Senior Billing Analyst
17831 Jamestown Lane Huntington Beach, CA 92647
SENIOR BILLING SPECIALIST
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as liaison between customers, Production, and Sales departments
- Shipping and Exporting including coordinating all international shipments from invoice to arrival at customer’ s dock in accordance with government policies and ITAR requirements
- Familiar with all different carriers’ forms and exporting requirements
- Record information regarding order status and shipment history on Sales Order file for each customer
- Performa monthly Contract/Purchase Order reconciliation and close out
- Daily monitoring and update of customer’ s portal systems such as EXOSTAR, BOEING CITIS, CBO, HARRIS Communications, Sikorsky Aircraft, DLA’ s DPMS System, Rockwell Collins and others
- Perform and Advance Shipment Notice, create barcodes required by customers via portal system
- Submit invoices to customers utilizing Made2Manage system, government web based WAWF system, MY INVOICE and familiar with the old standard DD250 form.
- Responsible in ensuring all billings are accurate and in compliance with applicable FAR, DCAA, internal process and other contract requirements.
- Maintain billing files that include the base contract, subsequent modifications, invoice copies and customers correspondence
- Understand the basic contract verbiage regarding barcode requirements, SHIP TO, PAYMENT, offices DODAAC codes and establish business relationships with contract POC.
- In compliance with the company’ s financial policies, procedures and billing terms as they relate to invoicing and collections.
- Confer with government paying office (DFAS) and customers to determine reasons for delinquent payments, elevate payment issues related to contract and resolves payment discrepancies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or vocational school;
- 5 years related experience in government billing and WAWF environment
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level of attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Customer service oriented, effective communication skills (speaking and writing) to various levels of management and employees
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize work
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, Excel, efficient use of internet and e-mail and customer portals
- Familiar with all freight carriers requirements and ITAR documents
- Ability to multi task and position requires a self-starter who can excel with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with others and work independently.
- Requires frequent use and strong knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards
- Good understanding of various types of contracts (Fixed price and T & M)
- Ability to interface with cross functional teams, and document procedures as required