Senior Cost Analyst
Commerce, CA 91745
Senior Cost Analyst
Responsibilities of the Cost Analyst:
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly financial flash and operations dashboard, analyzing sales, gross margins, productivity, work order variances, and scrap and key spending categories.
- Analyzing inventory reports and data to identify trends and opportunities for improvements.
- Performing cost rolls and production cost quote calculations to help secure new business.
- Performing time studies to validate, maintain and establish labor standards to support costing, and productivity measurements.
- Participating in month-end close, preparing entries and performing reconciliations for inventory as well as reconciliation of sub-ledger data to the general ledger.
- Assisting with cycle count/physical inventory programs, identifying discrepancies, and reporting differences between the book value the physical counts.
- Assist Plant Controller in facilitating budgeting, allocations, forecasts, and required submissions for management presentations and financial reporting packages.
- Performing additional duties assigned by the Controller, such as assisting the Controller in determining labor, material and overhead rates for inventory revaluation, and maintains standard rates in the ERP system.
- Managing consignment inventory programs, as well as reconciling the perpetual inventory records to the customer’ s inventory positions
- Reviews the accuracy of operation’ s work order cost tracking and ensure correction is done ahead of closing job.
- Preparing creating and managing request for Application (RFA) for a new Projects and help the to calculate the ROI.
Required Qualifications of the Financial Analyst:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Qualifications of the Financial Analyst:
- Syteline ERP experience
- Aerospace Fastener exposure