Senior Director of Commercial Finance
5560 E. Slauson Ave. Whittier, CA 90601
Our client is a $200M PE-backed Consumer Products company in search of a Director of Finance on the marketing & sales finance side of the business. This role will provide analytical support to the CFO and BoD, and operate as part of the leadership team. In addition, they should expect to interact with various senior executives within the company in support of quarterly reviews and board presentations.
Job Description & Requirements
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for strengthening and managing FP&A in support of Operations. He/she will develop and lead a team in providing business decision support, analytics, and reports.
- Develops and enhances financial planning processes and requirements.
- Create forecast models for sales channels, marketing, promotions, and strategic growth.
- Ensures that the Strategic Financial Planning process for the Company links to the long-term operational strategies of the Company.
- Performs variance analysis vs. prior years, budgets, and plans; include accompanying written business analysis to identify problems areas and make suggestions for improvement; develop and analyze performance metrics.
- Supports the Company’ s key initiatives including new product introductions, plant expansions, acquisitions, and cost reductions
- Assists in preparing Board materials and other formal financial packages for senior management; on monthly, quarterly, and annual bases.
- Assists in coordinating the Annual Budget and present to senior management monthly updates on business risks and opportunities that will have a financial impact on the business.
- Has supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training, and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Bachelor’ s degree; MBA is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of finance experience; preferably 5 of which has been in a consumer products company, or at least an industry with tangible inventory and products.
- Demonstrated strength in financial planning and analysis in a company with complex business strategies.
- Experience leading an FP&A function in a sophisticated large company environment.
- Analytical experience in one or more functional areas with accent on Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and Product Management / Development.
- Proven efficiency in identifying performance drivers and setting targets
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
- Ability to have an organization-wide perspective and understand how the business operates.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.