Senior Finance Manager
1700 Saturn Way Building 5 Seal Beach, California 90740
Senior Finance Manager - Plant Controller - Northwest Orange County!
Our client is a fast growing, mid-size biotech company that is looking for a strong manufacturing finance professional to join their growing team.
This position will manage the financial support activities for three manufacturing/plant locations.
- Manage the budget preparation process from schedule planning to the final presentation. Work with others at the site to assign roles and responsibilities.
- Manage the annual standard cost development process. Analyze the actual costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Provide cost information for updating the ERP system.
- Manage physical inventory cycle count and support audit requests when necessary
- Coordinate the monthly closing with accounting team monthly insuring correct results with minimal adjustments; Generate general ledger entries; Prepare monthly financial reporting (CIP, PPV) and balance sheet reconciliations (inventory, liabilities); Provide information for weekly flash reports; Prepare additional analysis as required to explain and summarize financial activity.
- Be a partner with the COO to evaluate business decisions and to insure financial objectives are met. Drive and support efforts to reduce costs and increase efficiencies. Assist co-workers with day-to day activities as it relates to financial transactions and outcomes.
- Maintain cost accounting system. Make enhancements to financial systems as business needs change to support our internal customers. Provide support as required for system implementations and upgrades
- Coordinating monthly closings and financial reporting, managing the budget preparation process from schedule planning to final presentation.
- Overseeing the standard costing process, ensuring the proper financial controls are in place
- Drive improvements in our financial systems
- Training and developing skills of other finance personnel
- Partnering with others at the site to evaluate business decisions and insure financial objectives are met.
- Reports to Director of Finance
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred.
- Experience: Five or more years work experience in a related job or company; Prior experience in Manufacturing Cost Accounting desirable
- Strong background with ERP systems