Senior Financial Analyst - Capital Budgeting
68 Stanford Court Irvine, CA 92612
ARG is partnered with a leading educational institution seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to handle capital budgeting. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional individual to join a growing organization.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Finance Director, supports financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis in the areas of capital spending and corporate expense allocations.
- Prepares and analyzes financial models and short and long-term forecasts of financial performance, balance sheets and cash flow management.
- Supports the Director and executive management by providing timely reporting and analysis of key drivers and identifies process improvement opportunities. Participates as an integral part of the finance team and supports the management of financial reporting processes.
- Prepares financial reports on key operating metrics such as analysis of outcomes, revenue, expenses, and operating results.
- Analyzes material or unusual actual cost variances from budget. Interacts with campus management for necessary research.
- Reviews, analyzes and compares monthly and quarterly operating department financial results and key performance indicators against budget and forecast and other internal benchmarks, including balance sheet and cash flow analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial forecasts.
- Prepares trend reports for operational metrics and makes recommendations for improving analysis and overall performance.
- Supports the annual budget process.
- Develop financial models to support strategic analysis and new program development.
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting or business administration required.
- Master' s degree in accounting, cost accounting, finance, business administration or related field preferred.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Five-plus years of experience in a senior level financial analyst position with appropriate/equivalent industry and/or with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted, multi-location direction and planning.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles in for-profit setting, internal accounting controls, investment, and treasury functions.
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with MS Office applications including Excel, Access (SQL) and PowerPoint.