Senior Manager of Financial Systems and Business Intelligence
800 E Orangethorpe Avenue Anaheim, CA 92801
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance this role will be a key asset in the future growth of the organization. This individual will be leading the FP&A function for the Corporation and will be spear-heading the Division’ s financial forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and customer/ecommerce analytics, in addition to special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘ optimal’ business decision making. Proactively and effectively interact and communicate with Management Team Operational Leaders and other departments.
ESSENTIAL/MAJOR ELEMENTS OF POSITION
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of customer analytics, revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, forecasting, operating plans and business intelligence/data analytics tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly financial analysis and reports
- Develop, implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tools and Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, product pricing, new product introductions as well as new projects
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Participate in the analysis and due diligence of potential acquisitions
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Necessary to Successfully Perform this Position:
- Excellent communication skills – Oral and Written – with the ability to develop strong working relationships with business partners across the company.
- Strong drive, initiative and work ethic – Willingness to “ roll up your sleeves” to get the job done. This is a hands on role with the opportunity to effect change through deployment of BI tools and targeted analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Initiative to work both independently and within a team setting
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability/desire to occasionally travel to other company facilities currently including Anaheim, CA; and, Corona, CA.
Financial Systems & Business Applications Experience Desired:
- Prior experience with business intelligence and data analytics. Prefer Power BI or Tableau.
- Advanced ERP/MRP skills & experience – Previous experience with Oracle NetSuite and/or Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills and thorough understanding of other MS Office products
- Prior experience with Host Analytics is a plus
Education Level Desired:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance or related field
- MBA is highly preferred
Prior Experience Desired:
- 5+ years of experience within a distribution/ecommerce/retail environment
- Multi-state entity and/or international experience preferred
- Prior private equity and/or M&A experience a plus