Senior Financial Analyst
Fountain Valley, CA 92728
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Working in the company’ s finance department and reporting directly to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, this position has broad exposure throughout the company. The Senior Financial analyst will be a key business partner supporting the sales, operations, and corporate marketing functions within the domestic wholesale business with financial analytics, business insights, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Partner extensively with senior leaders to prepare operating plans, KPI metrics, S&OP presentations, and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of the Long Range and Annual Operating Plan, developing monthly division reports and historical trend analysis, and maintaining financial model assumptions.
- Own multiple sales and profitability reports, specialized product management tracking, door reporting, and replenishment tracking. Develop new ones as needed.
- Own and develop multiple cost center budgets, lead review meetings, and provide variance analysis to senior leadership.
- Help prepare board of director presentations, providing financial analytics, business insights, and variance analysis.
- Develop sales program analytics and ROI models for marketing spending, communicate them to the functions, and monitor progress against goals.
- Maintain customer and product profitability models and prepare historical and forward-looking analytics.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
- Advanced to expert Excel skills – highly efficient, lookup & reference functions, if statements, data importing and linking.
- Must be able to retrieve and interpret complex data, develop reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Experience with Outlook, Word, and Power Point. Cognos and SAP experience highly preferred; or adept with other comparable ERP and reporting software.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders as well as work with cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Bachelor’ s degree from a 4 year accredited college - preferably in business, accounting or finance. MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Financial Analyst in a medium to large size corporation, preferably in a retail, manufacturing, or consumer products.
- Must be flexible and able to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Systems Implementation experience, a plus.