Senior Financial Analyst
18201 Von Karman Ave Irvine, CA 92612
- Act as financial advisor to assigned business functions.
- Interact with business functions to gain insights into their key performance indicators (KPI) and drivers; provide analysis and guidance to business functions to meet their goals and objectives in order to support corporate initiatives.
- Prepare and present meaningful, impactful and timely business and financial analysis to guide CFO, FP&A Management and business functions to improve operating and financial performance.
- Advise CFO and FP&A Management of risks and opportunities in order to meet company financial objectives.
- Lead financial review and discussions with business functions to guide forecast and budget preparations and improve the accuracy and reliability of projections. Interact with business functions and Accounting to understand and explain actual versus forecast and budget variances.
- Review and improve the quality of KPI reporting to the Executive Management Team and Board of Directors.
While the job description describes what is anticipated as the requirements of the position, the job requirements are subject to change based upon any changing needs and requirements of the business.
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance or related majors required
- MBA or CPA preferred; international experience a plus
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a finance department with minimum 3 years of experience in business and financial planning and analysis
- Aptitude for business in order to model business requirements in a financial planning system or prepare financial modeling in EXCEL
- Detail orientation with the ability to see the big picture and work with little supervision
- Strong and effective communication skills and ability to work with non-finance people
- High proficiency in EXCEL and PowerPoint; Strong system skills with ERP such as Hyperion, Oracle, NetSuite, MS Dynamics/Great Plains
- Solid accounting knowledge