Senior Financial Analyst
18111 Von Karman Avenue Irvine, CA 92612-7100
Exciting opportunity to join a growing, publicly traded tech company in Irvine. Position will support multiple business units and be heavily involved in the operations. Commercial or business unit experience is a plus!
The Sr. Financial Analyst will help build and improve business partnerships across multiple business units throughout the company by providing reliable and insightful financial planning and analysis support. Responsibilities include financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and ad hoc analysis.
- Performs analysis of data and situations with a variety of factors.
- Communicates with contacts both within department and function on matters that require some explanation or interpretation.
- May work to influence parties within department at an operational level regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
- Analyze financial results and prepare monthly expense forecasts for supported departments.
- Prepare presentations for functional leadership regarding business performance and issues.
- Work with business partners to prepare annual department budgets including maintenance of budget templates, consolidated schedules and business commentaries.
- Review purchase requests to ensure spending is within budget and requisitions are consistent with procurement and accounting guidelines.
- Work with manager to continually find and implement efficient process improvements.
- Bachelor' s Degree (four-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Finance or Accounting.
- 4 plus years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs including advanced Excel functionality, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial systems experience, particularly in SAP and BPC.
- Data warehouse/business intelligence experience such as Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos.
- Strong analytical ability; able to clearly link financial results to operational activities.
- Team player who is self-motivated and can provide excellent customer service to internal customers.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload while managing to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate and present complex issues in a clear, accessible and impactful manner.