Senior Financial Analyst
701 West Kimberly Placentia, CA 92870
As a key member of the Plant team, the Financial Analyst is responsible for providing day-to-day financial analysis and reporting for the Plant team and the HQ Finance team. Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the internal control environment. The Financial Analyst is expected to acquire a detailed understanding of the plant’ s operations and loss points and develop strong working relationships with both Plant and HQ teams.
Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Prepare weekly and monthly analysis of actual costs versus target.
- Identify root causes of variances and lead or participate in efforts to reduce.
- Develop and improve analysis and reporting to support plant leadership in managing cost performance and drive cost reduction.
- Partner with other plant team members to identify, implement and measure cost reduction projects.
- Review and close manufacturing batches working closely with Operations and Logistics team to ensure that all batch transactions are accurately recorded.
- Capture and analyze data for weekly reporting on plant KPI’ s. Provide explanations and insights to Plant Manager for communication during the weekly performance review with Sr Ops Leadership.
- Perform on-going analysis of inventory transactions and accuracy, ensure required approvals for all adjustments, partner with Logistics team to improve inventory accuracy and turns. Participate in physical inventory count process.
- Work with the Controller to prepare journal entries, inventory reserve calculations, account analysis and reconciliation, and internal control documentation for the month end close process.
- Assist with preparation of periodic forecasts and the annual budget process.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Finance/Cost Accounting experience preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- In-depth knowledge of an accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) system (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP)
- Strong analytical skills along with attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter with a passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, problem solve and work with limited supervision
- Deliver strong performance independently and as a member of multiple teams
- Awareness of generally accepted accounting principles and Sarbanes Oxley
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills