Senior Financial Reporting Specialist
15211 Laguna Canyon Road Irvine, CA 92618
The purpose of this role is to provide management with monthly financial statements and annual report for the Company. This position will have responsibility for the preparation of financial reports and all other required ad hoc statements. This will include responsibility for all aspects of financial reporting including the review and integrity of all financial information contained in filings. The position will also coordinate the filings with the internal finance team, external auditors, and senior management in compliance with filing deadlines.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial reporting include data gathering, consolidation, and assisting with management and external reporting.
- Liaise and coordinate the reporting calendar with management in compliance with reporting deadlines.
- Assist in the development of internal and external reporting tools to support US GAAP basis financial statements;
- Interface with external independent auditors, as needed.
- Develop accounting policies, procedures and controls relating to newly enacted accounting standards and serve as project lead for implementation purposes.
- Research accounting pronouncements from regulatory bodies; Lead the assessment of the accounting impact of emerging technical accounting issues on the Company' s financial position and results of operations.
- Communicate results and make recommendations to management for implementation and processes that will allow the Company to comply with newly enacted accounting standards.
- Maintain awareness of accounting and financial reporting rules as well as a working knowledge of public company disclosure and reporting requirements.
While the job description describes what is anticipated as the requirements of the position, the job requirements are subject to change based upon any changing needs and requirements of the business.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting/Finance, CPA required
- At least three years in public accounting with public company clients.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of progressive financial reporting experience in software and technology based companies.
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office
- Experience with Hyperion/HFM and NetSuite or similar reporting software a plus
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to make informal presentations, inside and/or outside the organization
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, and publications of limited scope or impact etc.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality