Senior GL Accountant
5660 Katella Dr. Suite 100 Cypress, CA 90630
The Multi-unit retail company is looking for a Senior Accountant responsible for executing, processing, and reconciling all financial activity for multiple units within the organization. This individual will work hand in hand with our unit Business Leaders and all members of our Finance and Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results oriented, and extremely detail oriented. This is a long-term contract position ranging from 6-12 months and the possibility to be hired on permanently.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare month-end close and financial statements including Variance Analysis and Forecast Packet preparation.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet monthly.
- Prepare and file monthly sales tax returns accurately and timely.
- Prepare analyses to effectively manage cash balances.
- Prepare year-end close and assist with annual audit with CPA firm.
- Establish and maintain internal controls.
- Participate in special projects and compile related reports.
- Work with private, local and governmental representatives on audits, including but not limited to: sales tax, worker’ s comp, and percentage rent audits.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with Controller, Corporate Accounting Department and Executive Team.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be able to reconcile entire balance sheet
- Must be able to produce monthly financial statement package
- Accounting and financial knowledge
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player and motivator
- Ability to work with different types of people and management styles
- Excellent organizational skills & proven follow-through
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales tax, payroll, and banking knowledge
- 3-5 years Accounting experience
- Must have heavy experience with Oracle (Oracle Fusion preferred)
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or Finance required
- CPA certification preferred
- Multi-Unit experience required (retail, restaurant, etc.)