Senior Internal Auditor
700 Newport Center Dr Newport Beach, California 92660
One of the most prestigious global investment firms in the world has a newly created opening for an Accounting Manager, Internal Audit & Financial Controls at their Irvine Headquarters. No travel required.
This position is responsible for managing overall SOX compliance and Model Audit Rule (MAR) regulations specific to internal control over financial reporting. This includes evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting by leading the control evaluation and testing efforts. This individual will act as the Internal Audit expert with respect to financial functions and financial auditing. This individual will spend about 50-60% of the time strategizing and collaborating with business unit leaders (on-site in Irvine).
- Design, enhance, and assist in implementing the program including key control optimization and reliance on entity level controls.
- Determine that remediation plans are effective to achieve control design and operating effectiveness objectives.
- Work with process owners in developing and maintaining documentation and determine overall quality of documentation and testing.
- Strategize with business unit leaders; maintain comprehensive understanding of each BU’ s strategic objectives and initiatives, products, operations and risks
- Facilitate and conduct department training for internal audit and financial controls related topics;
- Coordinate efforts with our external auditors to maximize reliance for both the SOC 1 report and financial statement audit.
- Recommend and develop education materials and conduct Model Audit Rule training as necessary.
- Requires knowledge of internal control and financial auditing concepts
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills, and the demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management and balance the interest of multiple stakeholders
- Requires strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Requires the ability to develop staff, and to serve as a mentor
- Requires the ability to work under pressure, in a face-paced environment.
- Requires analytical skills to understand details, a broad perspective to see the implications of control deficiencies and sound business judgment.
- Requires the ability to skillfully manage potentially contentious or critical interactions and the flexibility to adapt style and approach as the situation demands.
- Ability to work in a shared resource and matrixed environment .
- Requires bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of previous experience with a minimum of two years experience in reviewing the design and effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting under SOX 404 or Model Audit Rule requirements.
- CPA, CIA or CISA required.