Senior Investment Accountant
2121 Rosecrans Ave El Segundo, CA 90245
Our client services multiple institutional investors in the US and this role will focus on short-term assets, bonds and real estate funds.
• Performs general and specific accounting procedures of varying degrees of complexity
o Calculates company expenses and fees.
o Gathers and logically organizes financial data.
o Reviews accounting transactions, GL accounts, and reconciliations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
o Reviews monthly intercompany settlement process.
o Compares forecasted financial information to actual results, and analyzes and explains variances.
o Prepares the accounting for unique or complex transactions.
o Processes corrections identified during reviews, and may advise others on corrections as necessary.
o Leads completion of the monthly close process for assigned areas.
o Ensures timely and accurate completion of regular tasks performed by the team.
• Prepares and reviews management reports
o Analyzes company financials, considering intercompany relationships and business drivers, to identify risks and trends, for reporting to management.
o Oversees changes to accounting policies resulting from new or changing accounting standards and new business transactions or fees in coordination with Financial Reporting and Regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/ year-end close process
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Able to critically analyze situations and solve problems effectively
• Experience in analyzing complex financial reports and records
• General knowledge of mutual funds or experience in the investment management industry is preferred
• Requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in accounting, finance, or a related function.
• Requires a Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree
• CPA or MBA is preferred
• Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work comfortably with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, and experience with an enterprise accounting system (such as SAP).