Senior Manager, Accounting
Inglewood, CA 90301
Our client supporting the medical industry (multi-state and $350MM) is seeking an Accountign Manager to oversee the accounts payable function in addition to financial reporting and GL for the balance sheet. Manage the accounts payable department to ensure the timely reporting and payment of purchases/expense incurred during the ordinary course of business for multiple legal entities (currently 5). This position is expected to work collaboratively with other departments to drive efficiencies. The incumbent must be able to adapt to complex and dynamic transactions in multiple systems.
- Ensure that all receipts of goods and services are recorded in a timely manner
- Ensure that payments are made within terms and discounts taken
- Department/Supplier inquires answered within a reasonable amount of time
- Month End Processes are completed within deadlines
- Assist with month end close for balance sheet including fixed assets, prepaids and inventory.
- Efficient and controlled processes
- Train and mentor staff
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function including direct supervision of 3 full time staff.
- Development and evaluation of staff performance and workloads
- Formulate, recommend and implement changes to department policy or procedure to improve productivity, increase efficiency and ensure integrity
- Act as a liaison between departments and Vendors/Suppliers
- Analyze, resolve and answer complex or difficult problems
- Review accounts payable documentation prepared by direct reports for completeness and conformance to policy
- Manage Monthly Closing of Accounts Payable module in JD Edwards accounting program
- Oversee and assist in preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare AP related journal entries required for month end financial closing
- Work with internal and external auditors on issues dealing with Accounts Payable
- Preparation of tax form 1099
- Manage and maintain the company’ s expense reporting software (Concur)
- Manage the company procurement card program (AMEX)
- Assist in the year-end closing and accrual process
- Preparation of special reports required by management including audit responses, payment analysis, employee reviews and others as assigned
- Hands-On Collaboration in the processing of 1000 invoices per week to support approximately 1500 vendors.
This position requires very little supervision. The incumbent is expected to work independently and exercise professional judgment to know when to escalate.
Internal: All Departments
External: Suppliers/Vendors, Auditors
On the job experience of 10+ years
Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
CPA or MBA preferred
1. Microsoft Dynamics prior experience to be able to work effectively
2. Application of USGAAP
3. Accounting in a manufacturing environment
4. Familiar with ERP financial accounting software
5. Advanced in Excel
6. Concur experience