Senior Manager Finance - Interim
6531 Irvine Center Dr Irvine, CA 92618
Our success is ensured by the diversity of our team which benefits our customers our products, and our communities. Illuminate Education is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We offer a flexible and competitive program of benefits and workplace programs designed to ensure Illuminators are able to do their best, most creative work.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will be a member of Illuminate’ s FP&A team, supporting all aspects of FP&A with a focus on driving achievement on financial objectives. These responsibilities will span the spectrum of forecasting and budgeting to variance analysis, systems development, ad hoc work and M&A support. The primary focus will be the development of a cadence of regular analytics to support an understanding of the business and its performance to forecast and plan. This role requires a team orientation and cross-functional teamwork skills. Strong communication skills supporting research and development, marketing, sales, renewal operations, and contracting are a must.
Participate in financial planning, budgeting process, business performance analysis and reporting with the goal of driving achievement financial objectives. Routinely provide outlook/interim forecast/plan. Optimize expense management, identify efficiencies and develop processes and systems to support appropriate control of operational costs across functions. Support strategic planning including review of near-term business opportunities and long-range planning, with analysis of financial risks and opportunities. Partner across functions in support of Sales & Operations Planning process.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in related field required; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of related and progressively more responsible experience in finance in SAAS software industry including private equity backed companies.
- 5+ years experience interacting with accounting to close the books and conduct regular FP&A processes such as variance analysis, forecasting and GL research.
- Experience with forecasting and annual operating plan builds with particular focus on revenue and COGS.
- Experience supporting KPI reporting and trend analysis as well as understanding the strategic implications for the company.
- Solid experience with systems implementations/report building with a unique focus in Netsuite, Adaptive Insights and SalesForce.
- Ability to build complex Excel models (advanced formula development and usage along with scenario analysis) and distill the key points of those models and make concise recommendations for leadership.
- Ability to deliver quality, thoughtful analysis under severe time constraints.
- Ability to interpret, communicate, and present financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepare presentations in support of board and investor meetings.