Senior Manager of Accounts Receivable
951 Calle Amanecer San Clemente, CA 92673
The Senior Manager, Accounts Receivable is responsible for the global Accounts Receivable strategy and provides guidance and direction to global AR teams including cash collection and cash application. This position works closely with internal personnel and external customers to maximize AR collections and cash flow, while minimizing Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and bad debt write offs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for global Accounts Receivable and Collection strategy with an emphasis on improving cash flow from AR and decreasing DSO’ s.
- Provide direction and work with Regional Controllers and global AR teams including personnel in the Company’ s Shared Service Center in Costa Rica, in the USA, and with foreign subsidiaries to maximize cash collections.
- Work closely with the Trade Operations Group with a focus on resolving complicated past due issues and ensuring timely collection on large customer accounts.
- Review with the Corporate Controller or CAO for new customer credit limits.
- Meet frequently with the Corporate Controller to monitor and discuss global aging and accounts receivable activities, significant past due accounts, and formulate strategy to improve DSO by region.
- Work with the customer service department to resolve credit hold issues, pricing discrepancies and other related issues.
- Review global bad debt reserve calculations and review with Corporate Controller any needed adjustments to the reserve.
- Develop and provide reports and metrics to monitor AR aging, DSO, Collector Performance, trend reports and provide monthly flux explanations for management reporting.
- Provide analysis for SOX testing related to AR and various related audit schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining effective work relationships with new and existing customers and for communicating and providing guidance with Shared Service Center.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Strong US GAAP knowledge of AR.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong analytical and supervisory skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience managing and supervising the AR function for a large multi-national company. Strong preference to those with prior Medical Device collection experience with strong knowledge of Distributor chargebacks and rebates.
- Experience with an ERP accounting system, Oracle strongly preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Typically requires travel of approximately 5% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.