Senior Manager of Finance and Accounting
610 Newport Center Drive Suite 950 Newport Beach, CA 92660
Corporate Senior Manager of Finance and Accounting
Location Anaheim, CA
Years of Experience 7+ years of working experience in a corporate finance position within a fast-moving and dynamic business environment.
Education Level Degree in Finance and/or accounting. CPA and/or MBA
About the Job
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position, along with Corporate controller, will be responsible for oversight and management of all accounting and financial reporting/FP&A functions - which includes treasury/bank/debt management, weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting, annual audit, Corporate payroll, AR/AP shared service (2019), annual budgeting, rolling forecast, Capital spending review, Bid & proposal review and ad hoc projects. The position will have 1 direct report and 7 of indirect reports.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Take charge of on-going Financial consolidation software implementation with an accounting manager
- Manage the monthly financial statement close process from pre-close activities to financial statement issuance ensuring compliance with prescribed closing and reporting schedules while maintaining a high level of accuracy and compliance with US GAAP, including the performance of reconciliations as well as analytical reviews of operating results to ensure accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting
- Review, evaluate and implement policies, processes, and procedures, including segregation of duties and asset safeguarding analyses and documentation. Responsibilities also include identification of deficiencies and/or inefficiencies in policies, processes, and procedures.
- Managing relationships with external auditors to ensure that all documentation required for audit review is complete and accurate. Coordinate corporate tax return preparation and other tax-related reporting.
- Ensure accounting systems and processes for fiscal closings and reporting are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level, and timeliness of reporting (continuous improvements).
- Establish and monitor an internal audit program to ensure compliance and effectiveness of internal controls, policies, and procedures.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Annual Base Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Bonuses are discretionary based on Company and on individual performance
- 401(k) Plan – Matched up to 4%
- Medical Insurance - PPO, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- 3 week PTO, in addition to 9 company holidays
- No relocation provided
- CPA and MBA preferred
- Aerospace industry experience a plus
- At least 7 years of experience
- ERP Experience
- Consolidation software system experience a plus
- MS Office Proficiency - Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Must be highly effective in handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines, be results and detail oriented, a self-starter, be proactive going beyond the call of duty, be an analytical and strategic thinker, be a person of high integrity in his work, be comfortable working in a highly collaborative setting, have an ability to learn and adapt quickly, have exceptionally good problem solving skills
- “ can do” attitude, wearing many hats; follows through on commitments.
- Seeks increased responsibilities; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Supports the Company’ s goals and values