Senior Project Accountant
8 Executive Circle Irvine, California 92614
An experience Multifamily Construction and Renovation company with extensive architect relationships, a proven track record building communities for leading multifamily owners, and proven consistent activity over numerous housing cycles.Is seeking an experience Project Accountant to join their dynamic team.They offer a competitive salary, healthy bonus, and fantastic benefits.
The Project Accountant is responsible for preparing timely and accurate loan draw packages on multiple projects for submittal to client and/or lender based upon their specific requirements. Ensures all required releases are obtained, preliminary notices are tracked and insurance is compliant before payments are released to subcontractors. Maintains calendar with all milestone dates to ensure draws are prepared and funded timely to meet contractual obligations.
- Prepares timely and accurate loan draw packages. This includes; processing subcontractor applications for payment, input into Timberline job cost system, preparation of pencil draw packages and obtaining internal and external approvals.
- Prepares monthly draw calendars to ensure timely draw submittal and funding. This includes; identifying dates to email the application for payment to subcontractor, hold pencil draw meetings with Project Managers and Clients, submit draw to client and/or lender and required funding date.
- Ensures all loan draw deadlines are met.
- Obtains and tracks original executed lien releases from subcontractors and suppliers on all invoices.
- Tracks all Preliminary Notices.
- Confirms insurance is compliant.
- Communicates with subcontractors, suppliers and Project Managers to manage draw requests/requirements and ensure pending issues are resolved to allow for timely release of payment.
- Upon funding of loan draw, matches checks with invoice package and submits to the Assistant Controller, Director of Construction Accounting, or Vice President/Controller for approval to release checks.
- Prepares deposits and maintains daily cash balance logs.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepares Timberline reports for preparation of monthly financial reporting package.
- Maintains subcontractor payables files.
- Maintains W-9, preliminary notice and lien release files.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The preceding functions are not intended to be an
- Prior construction accounting experience, dealing with contracts, lien releases and preliminary notices is a must.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi task, organized, exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures