Senior Revenue Accountant
6531 Irvine Center Dr Irvine, CA 92618
About the Opportunity
The Senior Revenue Analyst will report directly to the Revenue Manager and is responsible for reviewing, evaluating and analyzing customer contract terms and applying ASC 606 accounting treatment. This position will involve proposing options to the Sales, Legal and Finance management teams during the contract proposal and drafting phases. Additionally, the successful candidate will perform monthly and quarterly close activities for revenue, validate and reconcile revenue related accounts, assist in analyzing data, and prepare reports for auditors and management under US-GAAP.
- Own monthly revenue close and reporting tasks, including preparation of journal entries, account flux analysis and revenue reconciliations.
- Review customer contracts for accurate revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and accounting standards and document the appropriate revenue treatment.
- Research and discuss complex revenue recognition issues.
- Collaborate with Contracts and Sales teams during contract draft/proposal stage to identify, and minimize where possible, any negative accounting impact.
- Manage the setup of new SKUs in ERP (NetSuite) and ongoing maintenance of the SKU population.
- Align internal controls to developments within the business for changes in operations as needed (new revenue stream, organizational alignment, etc.)
- Develop revenue recognition models to facilitate the implementation of ASC 606 and propose continuous initiatives to improve and automate revenue accounting processes including ERP system enhancements and departmental projects as needed.
- Perform quarterly analyses of stand-alone selling prices for existing and new products.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in revenue.
- Knowledge of ASC 606 principles, and a strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Ability to identify inherent risks and propose areas for improvements on existing and new processes.
- Experience with NetSuite & Salesforce preferable (other ERP & CRM knowledge beneficial).
- Solid understanding of the concepts of internal control design and operational effectiveness.
- Strong understanding and use of Microsoft Excel.
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to influence decisions and interact across multiple cross functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and the motivation to manage challenges in a dynamic environment.