Senior Revenue Accountant
40 Pacifica Irvine, CA 92618
Sr. Revenue Accountant (Professional. Revenue Accounting)
- Review customer contracts and billings for non-standard terms, multiple elements, and to ensure that revenue has been recognized in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform ASC 606 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers) contract analysis
- Collaborate with sales, legal, and finance to appropriately structure non-standard sales agreements
- Perform month-end duties including account reconciliation, computation of revenue/deferred revenue, royalty accrual estimates, and review of revenue trends
- Interact with external auditors to gather relevant support and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as necessary to support business partners
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting is required.
- Public Accounting Experience Preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, specifically revenue recognition rules (ASC 605 and ASC 606).
- Prior experience with contract review and industry experience in revenue accounting a plus
- Prior experience with business combination accounting (ASC 805) a plus
- Strong administrative, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Experience with larger ERP systems and related systems (Oracle and Hyperion) and proficiency with excel
- Ability to work as a team player as well as autonomously; project management and multi-tasking skills essential