Senior Tax Accountant
17000 Red Hill Avenue Irvine, CA 92614
ARG is partnered with a high growth multi-entity real estate investor/owner/operator, specializing in the medical service field, with over $2B in AUM. They are in search of someone with a CPA or JD in Tax and between 4 and 7 years of experience at a regional or National CPA firm. This role will provide excellent opportunity for growth, excellent compensation + bonus, amazing benefits (PTO, 401k, medical/dental/vision 100% paid, disability, etc.), with very good work hours and flexibility.
The Corporate Senior Tax Accountant will serve as an experienced tax professional with strong income tax provision skills, as well as solid federal corporate tax experience. This role will be responsible for leading and managing the Company’ s day to day as well as long term direct tax compliance and planning. In addition, this position will take on a variety of tasks in the areas of tax accounting and reporting, tax planning, and tax compliance. This role will also be responsible for preparation and review of ASC 740 calculations and disclosures, including not limited to preparing work papers and collecting appropriate information for determining deferred tax balance sheet accounts, tax provision and asset valuation for quarterly and year-end filings.
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary for the entire enterprise:
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the Tax department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives in defined area.
- Maintain proficiency with respect to current tax laws and tax law changes. CCH Tax Research service, and planning opportunities. Planning may involve such areas as sales and tax-deferred exchanges of real estate, business acquisitions and dispositions, and tax minimization
- Strong research and memorandum writing skills are required to help document positions as well as correspond with external investors and partners.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving internal customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the company' s annual budget process and provides recommendations; ensuring compliance to company budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to Director.
- Manages components of monthly ASC 740 compliance and reporting; including but not limited to identification and reporting of unrecognized tax benefits associated with uncertain tax benefits.
- Supervises and reviews federal and state income tax returns and quarterly estimated tax payments; including but not limited to assisting business segments/properties and outside accounting firm.
- Analyzes tax sensitive general ledger accounts and activity. Makes recommendations for improvement and corrections as needed.
- Performs technical research and analysis with respect to tax strategies and compliance matters.
- Designs, implements and continually improves procedures to facilitate pro-active identification and resolution of tax issues.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Bachelor' s degree (B.A./B.S.) from accredited four-year college in Finance, Accounting, or related field; six or more years of experience in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadership experience required. CPA preferred
- Must have solid understanding of federal and state income tax concepts, in addition to income tax accounting principles, including ASC 740 and accounting for uncertain tax positions.
- Must have technical proficiency and knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Must have experience with tax provision and return preparation software.
- Knowledge of tax accounting preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform tasks of subordinates as needed,
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet assigned deadlines.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, balance multiple projects, and processes simultaneously.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Brad at BChamberlin(at)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com