Senior Technical Accountant
Costa Mesa, CA 92614
The Senior Accountant of Technical Accounting and Reporting will report to the Global Controller and will be based at our Costa Mesa, CA headquarters. The responsibilities will include assisting with the planning, organization, and coordination of the timely and accurate preparation of internal and external financial information to ensure compliance with US GAAP & IFRS. The position will also be responsible for technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards and will assist with the development and implementation of related accounting policies. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for assisting with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with the accurate and timely preparation of external financial statements under US GAAP & IFRS and related footnote disclosures.
- Assist with annual audit and quarterly reviews as needed
- Prepare and update recurring quarterly memos such as the goodwill impairment analysis, Segment Reporting, Intangibles Impairment analysis, etc.
- Prepare quarterly EPS calculation
- Maintain listing of company contracts and review for proper accounting treatment on an ongoing basis
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare memorandums/white papers for new and proposed accounting developments or on specific company transactions.
- Assist with the research and documentation of significant and highly complex company transactions, including business combinations.
- Assist with the accounting for the highly technical areas such as equity, stock based compensation, purchase accounting, goodwill and intangibles impairment analyses, fair value assessments, and revenue recognition.
- Maintain and update accounting policy manual.
- Assist with the internal controls effort including designing and documenting appropriate policies and procedures to maintain best practices.
- Assist with general ad hoc projects, research and process improvements.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS and financial reporting principles.
- Prior experience with researching and documenting technical accounting issues • 4+ years of combined experience with a national accounting firm, public reporting company, or consulting/advisory firm with exposure to technical research and public company financial reporting.
- CPA preferred
- Excellent oral, written, people and analytical skills
- Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task with limited supervision.
- Desire to collaborate with various teams across the company
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance