Senior Technical Accountant
2151 E. Grand Avenue El Segundo, CA 90245-5017
Our client is an industry leader in the Investment Management space and this newly created role will support technical accounting research and adoption company-wide.
What you will do:
- Support complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires technical accounting knowledge and experience in specialized areas of accounting literature.
- Assist with the preparation of internal reporting and MD&A
- Assist with the coordination of internal training on select U.S GAAP and SEC topics
- Reviews and approves transactions, collect and evaluate data, conducts analysis, and prepares reports and recommendations for upper management.
- Assists in communications regarding complex accounting information to a wide variety of partners and internal groups.
- Perform ad hoc research and analysis on various areas of accounting issues in support of special projects or requests from business areas.
- Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 4-5 years Big 4 audit or private industry specializing in technical accounting
- CPA, and Master’ s or MBA preferred.
- Experience researching technical accounting topics such as ASC 606, Leases, Goodwill
- Project management experience.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues.
- Competent knowledge of ASC requirements, accounting principles, tax reporting, and practices. Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles with a robust understanding of internal control principles.
- Good attention to details
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products; advanced MS Access and Excel skills. Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, strict confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, project management, analytical, and documentation.
- Verbal and written communication, analytical, interpersonal skills