Senior Technical Accountant
3345 Michelson Drive Suite 400 Irvine, CA 92612
We are seeking a Sr. Technical Accountant who will be responsible for analyzing and accounting for complex accounting transactions including business combinations, debt, leases (ASC 842), intangible asset impairment, and stock-based compensation. This person will work closely on internal and external reporting, including SEC filings, and will also work closely with the general accounting team and assist in close related activities in technical areas, including recording journal entries and performing account reconciliations. The candidate should have experience with the requirement of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and will maintain and complete appropriate controls over financial reporting.
This is a great opportunity to work for a public, fast paced, high growth company with ample room to make a difference with management visibility.
- Review and advise on technical accounting issues for appropriate GAAP treatment, including M&A activity, stock-based compensation, new accounting pronouncements, and other complex accounting matters.
- Prepare and record journal entries and perform account reconciliations in areas including: equity, goodwill, intangible assets, debt, and other technical areas.
- Update global accounting policies including drafting policies around new accounting pronouncements.
- Maintain and update internal control documentation for technical accounting matters and support internal audits of related controls.
- Assist with drafting and reviewing disclosures in all SEC filings.
- Review the accuracy of data included in quarterly earnings press releases and other investor materials
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting and CPA required
- 3-5 years related experience. Big 4 experience
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP and SEC reporting
- Experience researching and preparing accounting analyses for complex transactions
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, communication (both written and oral) and collaboration skills required
- Accounting and finance software experience preferred (NetSuite, Blackline preferred)
- Must be able to prioritize function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with many moving pieces